Driving Traffic to Your Holiday Hosting Supply Guide
In a previous article, we covered why and how to think beyond holiday gift guides, and create meaningful Idea Lists around hosting supplies for holiday gatherings. If you missed it, check it out here. If you’ve already built and optimised your list(s), read on…
Time to promote your lists and picks — and get those clicks! The great thing about affiliate marketing in the holiday season is that there are so many natural opportunities to link up your recommendations, that feel (and are!) completely authentic. Here’s a general framework for topics and content types to get you started brainstorming; adjust and expand depending on your style. We’ve also included some pointers on linking logistics.
- What you love about the holiday..
- What you love about holiday parties
- Your favorite holiday/holiday party memory
- Your top event planning lists
- One or more of the products themselves (do a product review!)
- The list itself (give followers a peek behind the curtain and explain your process for curating the guide, including why you chose specific products)…
- Video: Do a YouTube product review, record a Facebook Live video talking through the guide-making process, publish an Instagram story or IGTV video about your thoughts and tips on holiday parties, etc.
- Text posts: Any of the topics above are great writing prompts, and especially fun days to post are “sub holidays” — think National Frankenstein Day, National Gingerbread House Day, etc. (FYI, you can find all these related dates to consider in the Holiday Content Guide.)
- Blog: If you have a website, definitely plan some posts on a few of these holiday topics.
- Podcast: Mention your list and/or recommended products on any podcasts you’re hosting or being interviewed for that will run during the season. Maybe even use the topics lists as inspiration for podcast episodes themselves.
You can easily share your storefront, your list, or individual products — whatever makes sense for the content. Here’s when and how to do each:
Storefront: Your vanity URL connects people to your storefront (here’s a full guide on sharing it on social). Since it’s a short and simple URL that’s easy to remember, it works great for transient content (like Instagram Stories and Snapchat posts), audio content (like podcasts), and non-clickable copy (like Instagram captions). Just post or mention it, and explain that your lists and recommended products can be easily found in your store (here’s how to categorise your page).
Idea List: There are social sharing buttons just above the upper right corner of your list’s product grid that allow you to share out to specific networks. You can also click the URL pop-out button to copy your list’s link. This works well for text-based links or “swipe up” posts. To share, click on the social icons in the upper right-hand corner (example below.)
Products: Navigate to any product page, and use the SiteStripe tool to generate a text, image, or text + image link, or even a Native Shopping Ad (great for blogs). You can also share directly to Facebook or Twitter via the SiteStripe toolbar. You should now be all set to build, optimise, and share some great holiday hosting guides. Have fun, and happy earning!