The Amazon Bounty Program 101: A Guide for Associates
You are well aware of the win-win nature of being an Amazon Associate. The vast Amazon product catalogue and robust affiliate system make sharing your favorite products a snap — and make shopping those recommendations a snap for your audience. Plus, you earn commissions on those sales!
Definitely max out your opportunities with product recommendations — optimize your website, plan out your promotions, refine your strategy as you go — but don’t stop there! There is much more to offer and gain when it comes to Amazon affiliate opportunities. Say hello to the Amazon Bounty Program! Got questions? We’ve got answers.
What Is It?
A simple way to think about the bounty program is that it’s essentially the same setup as product recommendations — but instead of products, it’s for Amazon services and programs. And instead of commissions on product sales, you earn fixed advertising fees — “bounties” — on certain actions taken on specific offers (such as activating a free trial or signing up for a program).
So basically: the bounty program is an additional way to earn affiliate income by suggesting and driving actions on Amazon services and programs your readers may be interested in.
What are the “Services and Programs”?
Think Audible. Think Amazon Music. Think Amazon Prime. Think the wide world of cool things you can access through Amazon that aren’t physical products. The bounty program includes tons of promotions and incentives on beloved offerings like these and many more. The promotions are both limited-time and evergreen, so you’ll always have fresh and relevant deals to share. Check often to see what’s available!
Why Should I Be Excited About It?
Two reasons (that are probably already obvious but just in case):
1. It’s another way to be a reliable resource to your community through recommending valuable and interesting programs and services, and
2. It’s another fruitful way to earn affiliate income.
How Can I Get Started With (or Get Better at) Promoting Bounties?
1. Explore the Bounty Program page on the Resource Centre: Check out the Overview video and the Integration Tools & Tips section, and get yourself up to speed on the basics.
2. Browse available bounties: Take a look through the possibilities to get a feel for what you can expect from the program.
3. Select offers based on your topics and your audience’s interests: Choose the programs and services you know will fit well with your brand and content, and of course, that your audience will find intriguing. Tip: Take a look at your previous earning reports to help you gain insight. For example, if you drive lots of music related product sales, then Amazon Music Unlimted would be a great bounty to promote.
4. Add banners and links to existing content: You’re probably already thinking of pieces or places that make sense for your chosen offers — add them now! All banners are available under the Banner section in Associates Central.
5. Work bounty promotions into your editorial and social media planning: As you map out content plans, make note of opportunities to naturally present bounty offers; you could even plan some pieces around the programs/services themselves. The built-in link shortener (accessible via the Get Link button on SiteStripe) is great for generating shareable links for social media.
6. Establish a routine for checking for new offers: As mentioned, deals are added and updated constantly, so make a bounties check-in part of your regular affiliate to-do’s.
7. Refine your approach based on reporting: You can find out how you’re doing with bounties just as you would for earnings on product recommendations. Review often and adjust accordingly!
What Are Some Examples of Good Ways to Work in Bounty Offers?
Here’s a general framework for where and what to feature for bounty promotions.
Where: Global sidebars, headers, and footers on your site
What: Banners for evergreen and brand-relevant offers
Where: Blog articles and dynamic sidebars, headers, and footers
What: Banners or in-line display ads or text links for contextually relevant offers
Where: Social media posts
What: Shortened links for limited-time offers
You’re all set! With the info above, you’ve got everything you need to be successful with the Amazon Bounty Program. Here’s to more great offers for your community, and more great earning opportunities for you!